One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Todays Inspiration: 60s Glamour


Alexa in Christopher Kane

Temperley Spring 2010

'Blow Up' (1966)

'Blow Up' (1966)


As you can see, I am currently having a bit of a 60’s moment. I shall certainly be channelling this look after dark. Going out tonight?….
 
Some inspirations:
  • Film: Blow Up
  • Beauty Icon: Anna Karina
  • Photography: David Bailey, John French
  • Model: Jean Shrimpton
...Loves It!


While I was flicking through some images, I also came across something, which for obvious reasons I can't publish here so just thought I would share: to celebrate its anniversary, the inimitable Vogue Italia has offered online readers the chance to go back into the archives and flick through its first ever issue from 1965. Check out amazing editorials: the art-inspired 'Per Essere Ornamentali' is stunning and La Magnifiche Sera in Casa captures the spirit and evokes the glamour of the age. It is worth a look for the 60's advertising too: 'Beige a go-go by Max Factor' (hilarious).
http://www.vogue.it/en/magazine/vogue-italia-1965-and-1988




No comments:

Post a Comment