One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Style Profile

My current style crush: Taylor Tomasi Hill, the accessories editor of US Marie Claire. her aesthetic reminds me of how I imagine Claire Danes's character Angela Hill would have dressed if she had grown out of her grungy, angst ridden teenage years and became a bit more glamorous, whilst still holding on to vestiges of her past (think a stack of bangles, and some beaten up,well worn in leather boots and bags). I like the way Taylor is not the what people imagine when they picture the stereotypical, uber polished New York fashion editors. I like the way her skin is pale and that she dyes her hair red. This kind of style is effortless, interesting and it can not be copied, it just is. Beautiful.


Bangles and black leather


Adding some interest with a printed blazer


quirky cats eye sunglasses 

Clare Danes in My So Called Life

1 comment: