One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Midi Madness



I blame Mad Men. I never thought I would say this, but having spent the last 26 years of my life capering about town in mini skirts, shorts and dresses; I think I am finally ready to embrace mid-length this autumn in all its full-skirted glory. Notoriously difficult to wear, I think that this can however look extremely sexy in a super-elegant sort of way. Now that winter is approaching it is best to play with different fabrics as well as proportions. Pair a heavy wool or tweed midi skirt with a sheer, beautifully cut silk blouse tucked in and of course finished with high heels (boots or shoes) for a chic daytime silhouette. As usual I have done some homework so you don't have to. Zara and Mango are doing the best skirts on the high street and elegant shirts are in abundance but it is worth making an investment on this as it is easy to tell from the material and drape if you have scrimped on your silk, and this is an investment that will last a life time. I think it is time to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment